Ed’s Buy Back Option
Designed to take the stress out of leaving the country, Edgar offers a Buy Back Option to anyone who purchases a car from him.
This Buy Back Option is optional. You do not have to use it. You may prefer to sell your vehicle privately. You do not have to pre-commit to Edgar that you will be selling it back to him.
Buy Back Terms & Conditions
1. Edgar will pay up to 50% of the purchase price of your vehicle. This is assuming that the condition of the vehicle is similar to when you purchased it.
This does not include the cost of the camping equipment, brand new mattress, and AA Roadside Assistance, that is included with each vehicle. This is deducted from the buy back cost at a price of NZD$395.
2. Edgar expects there will be a significant increase in kilometres along with general wear and tear to the vehicle, but no new damage such as dents or dings or engine damage.
3. Maintenance of your vehicle is very important and Edgar will show you how to maintain it. The vehicle needs to be serviced every 5,000km with paperwork to show this servicing.
4. The vehicle must have passed a Warrant Of Fitness inspection and had a basic service (for minimum new engine & differential oil and new filters) in the week leading up to the Buy Back.
A Warrant of Fitness is something that is very straightforward to get. You take the vehicle testing station and pay around $45. A service costs approx. $270. (If you are short on time then Edgar can arrange these to be done and would deduct the cost from your sale price).
5. The vehicle needs to be cleared of all belongings and the interior clean.
6. To arrange your Buy Back, you need to contact Edgar a minimum of 7 days prior to when you wish to return your vehicle.
Car Buyer in New Zealand in 2017
We bought our Toyota Estima from Edgar and it’s fantastic! Really great guy and awesome service provided! Highly recommended!!!